Monday, August 20, 2012

The Green Bean



Taken with Instagram at The Green Bean Cafe
     When I first moved to Manhattan I was pleased to find the Green Bean Cafe. Given the name I knew that this would be my new go-to cafe because of the warm and fuzzies it gives me. There was a Green Bean cafe in my lovely little town Northampton, Ma, a place I had called home for the last 4 years.


I went in and ordered a kale smoothie because if they can make kale drinkable... they really know their stuff. As I waited, I browsed their pretty impressive menu, was overwhelmed by their nature themed decorations (too big and too many for the cramped space) and (of course) tried their sample munchies, which were very yummy!


Hands down the best spinach, kale smoothie I’ve had. Ever. They used pineapple and apple Joyce which made all the difference, I think.  (Taken with Instagram at The Green Bean Cafe)

The Jolly Green Giant was hands down the best kale smoothie I’ve had. Ever. They used spinach, pineapple, banana, and in particular the apple juice which made all the difference, I think! 

They also have a wonderful selection of  vegan and raw options, which not many places do (and well, might I add), like Raw Maple Granola Bars, Raw Chocolate Squares and Raw Parfaits


www.beangonegreen.com

1413 York Ave., 10021
212.861.1539

No comments:

Post a Comment