Friday, September 7, 2012

Waltz.Astoria

I have to share my new cafe/workplace.

 I needed someplace to work other than my balcony in Ditmars Stienway and since I really don't like commuting to Manhattan for work ("only when I have to" is my moto these days), I really needed to find a place to work. I wasn't holding my breath for the type of organic, fair-trade, quiet, coffee shop (that has gluten free or vegan options for my tummy) that I normally check in to. Really anything was fine. But, I was beginning to think that these types of places didn't exist here in Queens. Astoria doesn't have a Brooklyn or Astor Place demographic so any cafe around here is usually a standing/foam cup of coffee/Greek/loto/convenience store, where the donuts... are kept in a warmer... and if its not that, then cafe most likely stands for Greek diner. 

But I found one! 

And not that I found one that I liked among many cafes. I mean, I only found one cafe type of coffee shop that I was hoping for. 


It's called Waltz.Astoria and run by the cutest mother-daughter duo. The walls are covered with decorations (just about every holiday is represented), antiques, books, and nicknacks. No the food is not guaranteed organic and there is usually only one type of muffin for the day and two types of cookies. There is, however, a menu with one or two vegetarian options! But they are small and don't get crowed that a college town coffee shop would, so I think they do alright with the 6 or 7 regulars that work there and the others that stop in for their coffe. 

 The first day I went in, I decided to get coffee out of sleep depravation. I don't normally have caffeine and don't crave coffee but once in a blue moon I will have some. Out of curiosity I ordered the Greek Iced Coffee. It was unbelievable. No words to describe it. I asked how it was made but couldn't understand the grandmother. 
Smile and nod. 











The next day I reverted back to tea and ordered the Greek Iced Tea. Even more impressive! AND it had foam!! I don't know how it's made either but everyday when I come to work here I order the same thing because it's just that yummy.

http://www.waltz-astoria.com/
23-14 Ditmars Boulevard  Astoria, NY 11105
(718) 956-8742


No comments:

Post a Comment