Monday, August 13, 2012

Candle Café, Upper East Side, Manhattan

Knowing my health nut nature, the Lee's took me to the Candle Café. I knew I wanted to try their food after I read their mission statement, 

"CANDLE CAFE IS DEDICATED TO BETTERING THE HEALTH OF THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE PLANET BY SERVING FOOD FRESH FROM FARM TO TABLE™. OUR ORGANIC VEGAN CUISINE IS ROOTED IN SUSTAINABILITY, ECO-FRIENDLY PRACTICES, LOCAL FARMING, AND COMPASSION FOR ANIMALS." www.candlecafe.com


I had also never heard of Seitan, so I was intrigued to see a "Grilled Seitan Burger" and a "Tuscan Seitan Parmesan Sandwich". I ordered the latter and loved it! The prices were also not expensive at all! They have everything from blended smoothies to organic wines to accompany your brunch or dinner! Overall wonderful menu. This is great place to take the food conscious friend or give a colleague a good impression ;) 

Once I do some more research on Seitan I will definitely be posting more on the wheat-like product. I'm super curious.

I took a photo with my iPhone of all their fresh produce that was beautifully displayed on the front bar table to excite the awaiting patron. It was definitely making my mouth water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment