Thursday, August 23, 2012

Spices for a Happy Tummy



I've got the Institute for Integrated Nutrition on the brain. 

Not only am I enrolled and starting the program soon but I interviewed yesterday for a wonderful job at their offices here in New York!! I hope hope hope that they accept me! The position is the perfect low-key, calming environment that I need in this concrete jungle because I feel as though I'm in over-drive all the time.

This brief post from IIN's blog popped up on my Facebook feed today about spices for healthy digestion, which I think is a sign because my struggles growing up and throughout college are what made me so passionate about nutritional healing in the first place! Take a look, they discuss cumin, turmeric (which I've blogged about before), cardamom (one I had never heard of), black pepper, and coriander. Here is the link to IIN's blog: 

http://blog.integrativenutrition.com/2012/08/5-spices-that-help-heal-your-digestive-system
My delicious apple cider chai tea!

ALSO, I speaking of finding a calming environment to work in... 

Since I got to New York I have been searching for a quiet cafe to work at. Sounds impossible right? Well it kind of is. But today, I did! And they have an amazing menu! I'm hesitant to even tell you their name... but the baristas are great and the environment reminds a lot of the wharf at home in Boston. Jack's Stir Brew Coffee down in the Financial District right Near the Brooklyn Bridge on Front St, is the place to be. I guess they are kind of a bug deal, starting out on Front St. and growing into a (small) franchise.

The hot apple cider "stir brewed" with chai tea  (on the right) was absolutely amazing and when their chocolate chip cookies came out of the oven, they just offered me one! There was a steady flow of regular which made for some funny/cute back ground noise, but not enough to bother me while I worked. I will definitely be going back!

FYI :  Since they are small they can't afford people making house at their tables so they though they have plugs, they don't have wifi available. 

222 Front St
(between Beekman St & Peck Slip) 
New YorkNY 10038
Neighborhood: South Street Seaport

No comments:

Post a Comment